Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works closely with all units in the organization as the department liaison by engaging in business discussions to capture requirements and specifications to support the business unit strategic objectives.
- Develops and maintains awareness and support of customer/agent expectations and seeks ongoing improvements in the delivery of products and services including training.
- Assist in developing policy processes, procedures, and workflow management across the organization, sensitive to the needs of each business unit. Takes initiative to establish clarity in process documentation.
- Create specifications for developers and design test cases with great efficiency that correlate to the business specifications and requirements.
- Works closely with the product department to submit requirements for product changes and product deployment to improve development accuracy and specification requirements.
- Implement process improvement while creating specifications and offer solutions for manual processes.
- Maintains awareness of advanced technology developments and promotes adoption of system improvements. Provides technology development support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrates an appropriate understanding of property/casualty insurance principles and applies such knowledge in everyday business direction. Stays aware of changes in the external environment and adjusts internal practices as needed.
- Possesses a solid knowledge of the company’s vision, mission, and strategic plans and is committed to their achievement. Maintains a high level of knowledge of all department activity and is innovative in seeking effective ways to address issues.
- Exhibits ability to promptly identify critical issues, analyze facts, and make decisive and sound decisions to resolve issues.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Shares responsibility for achieving underwriting objectives by providing useful information development and executing assigned decision making.
- Stays aware of technology advancements in policy processing while evaluating potential strengths and weaknesses of technological support alternatives.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge and is a proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications and programs.
- Continuously advances own understanding of property/casualty insurance and best practices in administration.
- Undergraduate degree required. Professional insurance-related coursework preferred.
- Insurance industry experience or knowledge of various personal and commercial lines of insurance products, business processes and compliance rules.
- Effective communicator through written, oral, and electronic formats with ability to convey complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including ability to develop consensus among decision makers.
- Demonstrates ethical work manner in dealing with confidential information.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation to optimum productivity. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other software as appropriate.
- Position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office and mobile equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Position may require traveling to agent offices, attending both internal and external meetings, attending conferences and other training events.
- Flexibility in daily work times and telecommuting is allowed; average 40-hour week; occasional evening, weekend work, or overnight travel may be required as job duties demand.
Please note, this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.