Casualty Claims Adjuster
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
We are currently recruiting for a Casualty Claims Adjuster. The person selected for this position will be part of a high performing team responsible for investigating, evaluating, and settling assigned claims promptly and according to policy provisions, in an equitable and fair manner while promoting a high level of customer service. Position offers the potential for working remotely.
Fundamental Job Duties:
- Investigates, evaluates, and settles assigned claims promptly and according to policy provisions while promoting a high level of customer service.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of insurance policies and Rockingham guidelines to provide coverage determination through policy interpretations.
- Determines liability based on claim investigation and jurisdiction.
- Investigates and evaluates complex bodily injury claims.
- Adjusts claims within delegated authority complying with all regulatory and reporting requirements including Fair Claims Practices Act and relevant laws.
- Negotiates with claimants, carriers, and attorneys to reach fair and equitable settlements.
- Pursues subrogation and/or arbitration when applicable.
- Provides thorough reporting and documentation of all reserve and claim information on a timely basis to allow for proper tracking, statistical analysis and review by claims management.
- Identifies and responds to all emerging issues impacting company in the area of claims adjustment and loss control.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Aptitude to learn and utilize a variety of software and systems applications.
- Understands the company’s products, services, department function, and overall organization, including department goals and objectives.
- Exhibits strong and effective verbal and written communication skills that are professional and diplomatic including ability to competently spell, write, compose, and proofread copy; deals effectively with sensitive or private information; strong listener with ability to discern problems and seek solutions.
- Is well organized and uses time effectively with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation in daily performance of responsibilities. Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively uses all relevant company automation. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other data management software as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently yet be a complete team player.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience with evaluating/settling third party property damage and bodily injury claims.
- AIC designation preferred but not required.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to email@example.com.