Personal Lines Casualty Supervisor
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
The Claims Supervisor functions as the overall supervisor of claims representatives and adjusters. Their primary responsibilities includes ensuring prompt investigation, proper coverage interpretation, file documentation, accurate reserving, and timely file disposition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisory responsibility of the Auto and Casualty claim representatives and adjusters
- Provide supervision and direction to claims personnel for proper coverage interpretation, claim investigation and loss evaluation
- Ensure that proper reserving, strategy, and settlement techniques are being used
- Compliance with Claims Service Guidelines and Unfair Claims Practices Laws and Procedures in each state
- Tracking and reporting of all claim related information to allow for effective monitoring and management of loss exposure and settlement
- Uses customer satisfaction data including Net Promoter Score and Customer Experience Score to ensure high quality claims satisfaction of consumers and agencies
- Develops and maintains effective monitors of unit and individual performance, employing results in everyday leadership decisions. Evaluates staff performance relative to established standards and gives feedback accordingly.
- Supports professional development and continuing education
- Complete and conduct performance evaluations and manage disciplinary matters
- Monitors incoming claims and determining proper assignment to adjusters based on their knowledge and expertise
- Develop and maintain awareness and support of consumer/agent expectations and seek ongoing improvements in the delivery of claims services
- Support the corporate culture and create a positive work environment
- Continually updates process and procedure documentation as regulations and business needs evolve
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Thorough knowledge of claims operations to include adjusting, LAE, customer experience, salvage, subrogation, and payment processes
- Ability to create a positive work environment in a call center setting
- Aware of the company cultural direction and supports the company’s culture and values
- Understands the management of staff
- Possesses a solid knowledge of the company’s vision, mission, and strategic plans and is committed to their achievement. Maintains a high level of knowledge of all department activity and is innovative in seeking effective ways to address issues
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm
- Stays aware of changes in the external environment and adjusts internal practices as needed.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge and is a proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications and programs
- Continuously advances own understanding of property/casualty insurance claims best practices
- Minimum 5 years claims experience
- Personal Lines Auto experience required
- Effective communicator through written, oral, and electronic formats with ability to convey complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including ability to develop consensus among decision makers
- Demonstrates ethical work manner in dealing with confidential information
- Valid driver’s license
- Position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office and mobile equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
- Position may require traveling to agent offices, attending both internal and external meetings, attending conferences and other training events
- Flexibility in daily work times and telecommuting is allowed; average 40-hour week; occasional evening, weekend work, or overnight travel may be required as job duties demand
Please note, this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.