Commercial Production Underwriter Trainee
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for a Commercial Production Underwriter Trainee. This position will report to VP – Commercial Lines as a trainee to learn risk evaluation through review of new applications to evaluate, classify, and rate individuals and risks for insurability.
Fundamental Job Duties:
- Accountable for the management of agents with emphasis on new business; must consistently hit new business quota on a month-to-month basis.
- Examines information from producers to fully develop and analyze exposures within scope of company guidelines.
- Applies appropriate pricing, deductibles, and coverages for eligible risks to ensure adequate premium and profitable results.
- Within defined authority, renders decisions to approve, modify, or decline new risks; recommends alternative sources of coverage as appropriate.
- Evaluates large-loss potential to manage total exposure; authorizes and places reinsurance within program authority.
- Prepares quotes, explains underwriting policies/procedures, and provides training on products and processes.
- Develops and analyzes new agent appointments and facilitates on-boarding and training of agencies.
- Develops a strong, supportive working relationship with agents, agency staff, internal personnel, and outside resources.
- Collaborate with Analytics to analyze agent performance and effectiveness of proactive agent engagement.
- Complete and manage business plans that promote profit and growth.
- Consistent interactions with agencies, making outbound calls and office visits. Support agencies training on systems, appetite, and marketing programs. Assist in any issues relating to the agencies that may surface.
- Exhibits an exemplary understanding of property and casualty principles including the company distribution system, needs of customers, and the insurance business climate, to effectively influence underwriting decisions.
- Promptly identifies critical issues, evaluates facts from a variety of sources, and makes decisive and sound decisions.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation to optimum productivity in evaluating underwriting risks. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other software as appropriate.
- Possesses, or is actively pursuing, professional insurance training and other related education.
- Exhibit high level of professionalism and leadership in a team environment.
- Four-year undergraduate degree preferred, and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Two to four years’ insurance experience or management experience required.
- Effective communicator through written, oral, and electronic formats.
- Proficiency in MS Office Excel and Word to sort data, consolidate information, and create agent analysis.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply for this job, email your resume to email@example.com.