Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for a Commercial Lines Production Underwriter in Pennsylvania. The ideal candidate will build and maintain relationships in the field and internal departments while proving the Agents are our top priority. Commercial Insurance experience is required as well as a strong desire for continued development. We have a culture that believes in professionalism, welcoming open and honest feedback and celebrating team successes.
- Accountable for the management of agents with emphasis on new business must consistently hit new business quota on a month to month basis.
- Working with agencies to examine information from producers to fully develop and analyze exposures within the scope of company guidelines. Applies appropriate pricing, deductibles, and coverages for eligible risks to ensure adequate premium and profitable results.
- Within defined authority, renders decisions to approve, modify, or decline new risks; recommends alternative sources of coverage as appropriate.
- Evaluates large-loss potential and handles accordingly to manage total exposure; authorizes and places reinsurance within full reinsurance program authority.
- Prepares quotes, explains underwriting policies/procedures and provides training on products and processes.
- Develops and analyzes new agent appointments and facilitates on-boarding and training of Agencies. Establishes a strong and supportive working relationship with all Agents, agency staff, internal personnel, and outside resources. Complete and manage business plans that promote profit and growth.
- Consistent interactions with agencies, making outbound calls and office visits. Support agencies training on systems, appetite and marketing programs. Assist in any issues relating to the agencies that may surface.
- Frequent regional travel required, including possible overnight trips.
- Exhibits an exemplary understanding of property and casualty principles including the company distribution system, the needs of customers, and the insurance business climate to effectively influence underwriting decisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to promptly identify critical issues, evaluate facts from a variety of sources, and make decisive and sound decisions. Makes exceptions when reasonable and documents the logic behind decisions.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation to optimum productivity in evaluating underwriting risks. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other software as appropriate.
- Well organized with strong attention to detail; utilizes time and available resources effectively.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Possesses, or is actively pursuing, professional insurance training and other related education.
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and leadership within a team environment.
- 4-year undergraduate degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Four to six years of Commercial Lines Underwriting required.
- Effective communicator through written, oral, and electronic formats.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel to sort data and consolidate information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word to create a narrative summary of agent analysis.
- Ability to establish and maintain a partnership with principal agent and agency employees.
- High level of professionalism and ability to communicate effectively positive and negative information to agency principles, leadership team, and others within the Commercial Elite team.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Demonstrates ethical work manner in dealing with confidential information.
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.