Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
We are looking for an energetic, organized person to join the Customer Experience team as a Customer Experience Associate. This position provides a high-quality level of customer service while performing these functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intakes FNOL, scanning and indexing of claims mail, handling of settlement payments and account receivables.
- Within authority, reviews and processes new policies, policy changes, reinstatements, cancellations, as well as underwriting and rating updates.
- Responds to phone and written requests for information, providing accurate, timely, and responsive assistance to customers and agents.
- Continuously develops insurance product, billing, and underwriting knowledge to research and resolve questions and concerns raised by customers; refers customer questions to correct area within company.
- Proactively communicates with customers, agents, and company personnel to secure information necessary to resolve inquiries and explain policy change, billing, cancellation and reinstatement procedures.
- Develops and provides in-force policy change quotes and policy system training assistance for agents.
- Balances accounts receivable and sweep of agent payment portal.
- Processes incoming payments and payment administration.
- Manage administrative tasks as assigned, such as but not limited to loss run letters and cross training.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of department goals and objectives combined with knowledge of underwriting and accounting functions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in anticipating customer needs to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of the insurance industry and principles including knowledge of lines of business and workflows.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation. Proficiencies include policy administration system, MS Office suite, and other company automation tools.
- Works independently yet supports other team members in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Keeps well organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy; utilizes time and available resources effectively with ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously and effectively.
- Continuously builds knowledge and skill connected with new developments in customer service, technology, and insurance products and services.
- Obtains and maintains Virginia and/or Pennsylvania property and casualty insurance license.
- Minimum of high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- One year of experience working in the insurance industry preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills displaying professionalism in language, tone, and style to communicate effectively with others.
- Projects a positive, professional image knowing they represent the company to the customer.
- Bilingual desired [English/Spanish].