FNOL (First Notice of Loss) Associate
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
We are looking for an energetic, organized person to join the Customer Experience Team as a FNOL (First Notice of Loss) Associate. This position requires providing high quality customer service in performing the functions noted below.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all these things:
- Intakes FNOL, scanning and indexing of claims mail, handling of settlement payments and account receivables.
- Answer and direct calls appropriately.
- Continuously develops claims knowledge necessary to research and direct concerns, referring customers to correct area within company.
- Responds to oral or written requests for information, providing accurate, timely, and responsive assistance to customers, agents, and claim adjusters.
- Manage administrative tasks as assigned, such as but not limited to loss run letters and cross training.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of department goals and objectives combined with knowledge of the claims function.
- Demonstrates proficiency in anticipating customer needs to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of the insurance industry and principles including knowledge of lines of business and workflows.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation. Proficiencies will include policy administration system, Microsoft Office suite, and other company automation tools.
- Works independently yet supports other team members in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Keeps well organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy; utilizes time and available resources effectively with ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously and effectively.
- Continuously builds knowledge and skill connected with new developments in customer service, technology, and insurance products and services.
- Minimum of high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- One year of experience working in the insurance industry preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills displaying professionalism in language, tone, and style to communicate effectively with others.
- Bilingual desired [English/Spanish].
- Projects a positive, professional image knowing they represent the company to the customer.
This is an in-house position at our home office located in Harrisonburg, VA. To apply for this job, please email your resume to email@example.com.