Property Claims Adjuster
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
We are currently recruiting for a Property Claims Adjuster. The person selected for this position will be part of a high performing team that is responsible for investigating, evaluating, and settling assigned claims promptly and according to policy provisions, in an equitable and fair manner while promoting a high level of customer service. Position offers the potential for working remotely.
Fundamental Job Duties:
- Represents the company by maintaining a consistently high level of customer service.
- Adjusts claims within delegated authority complying with all regulatory and reporting requirements including Fair Claims Practices Act and relevant laws.
- Provides thorough and timely reporting and documentation of all reserves and claim information to allow for proper tracking, statistical analysis, and review by claims management.
- Identify and respond to all developing issues impacting the company in claim adjustment and loss control areas.
- Thoroughly reviews investigations, damage assessments, cause-and-origin determination, and claims evaluations.
- Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of both subrogation/salvage and SIU issues which arise.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of insurance policies and Rockingham Insurance guidelines to determine coverages through policy interpretations.
- Participates in catastrophe response as needed.
- Exhibits knowledge and experience with Xactimate estimating platform.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Shows a clear understanding of who the customer is, both internal and external.
- Develop an understanding of the company’s products, services, department function, and overall organization.
- Exhibit strong and effective verbal and written communication skills that are professional and diplomatic, including the ability to spell, write, compose, and proofread copy; deal effectively with sensitive or private information; strong listener with the ability to detect problems and seek solutions.
- Is well organized and uses time effectively to balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrate initiative and innovation in the daily performance of responsibilities. Show personal integrity inspires trust and set a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Excellent technology skills; effectively utilize and maximizes available technology to optimum productivity.
- Ability to work independently yet be an active team player.
- Undergraduate degree preferred in business or management.
- Valid driver’s license
- Xactimate property estimating experience.
- AIC designation preferred but not required.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.