Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Testing Associate is a vital member of the IT team who provides essential application support, testing analysis, and quality control to facilitate the development or enhancement of quoting, rating, and issuance of the policy administration system for the company’s lines of business.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers in support of their use of policy, billing, and claims applications.
- Be proactive in assisting with development, documentation, improvement, and implementation of test plans and timelines, including recommendations for overall test processes improvement.
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to analyze data for accuracy.
- Document all aspects of work to ensure a clear understanding by the development team.
- Manage the creation and running of automated testing scripts to meet project deadlines to ensure all products and solutions meet the highest quality standards.
- Insures testing issues are addressed and/or corrected promptly to meet filed effective dates.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to anticipate the customer’s needs to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of department goals and objectives.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
- Experience and knowledge of IT, Business Analysis, Quality, and Finance best practices to understand the business operations that our software applications support.
- Demonstrates strong time-management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; undergraduate degree preferred in Business, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of experience working in application testing activities, including writing and running test cases.
- Well organized with strong time-management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills displaying professionalism in language, tone, and style to understand customer needs and feedback.
- Projects a positive, professional image, knowing they represent the company to the customer.