Regional Territory Manager
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for an energetic, organized person to join the Marketing team as a Regional Territory Manager for Virginia. This position requires providing high quality customer service in performing the functions noted below.
- Visit with Virginia Exclusive and Independent Agents to develop new business sales and increase retention
- Act as liaison between the agencies and home office with regards to underwriting, service, training, finance, IT, and claims. Resolve complaints in each area as needed
- Travel a minimum three days per week visiting agencies
- Prioritize agents to maximize visits
- Recruit a minimum of 5 independent agencies per year
- Increase the number of Exclusive Agencies or Producers
- Provide agencies with sales analysis and manage goals and profit sharing on a quarterly basis
- Determine agency training needs and refer those needs to the Manager of Agency Training and Direct Sales
- Determine agency marketing and advertising needs and refer to the Marketing Coordinator for fulfillment
- Host agency outings and events
- Manage agency contracts and compliance through the Marketing Analyst
- Promote the sale of RMSA products to the Exclusive Agency force
Desired skills and abilities:
- Hold, or obtain within three months, a Virginia P&C Insurance License
- Has a thorough knowledge of agency operations, sales, prospecting, and customer service
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the P&C insurance industry and how products are distributed and serviced
- Ability to plan, budget and strategize to help agencies meet their sales and profit goals
- Ability to maintain positive working relationship with agencies of varying size and operational ability
- Must have a good ongoing understanding of competitors’ product offerings and marketplace strategies and how they impact the company’s competitive position in the marketplace.
- Comfortable speaking in public, creating and delivering presentations, and providing written proposals
- Hold, or obtain within five years, an advanced insurance educational designation (CIC, CPCU, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Demonstrates personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm
- Insurance background helpful but not required
- Sales experience preferred
To apply for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.