Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
This position will report to VP – Product & Pricing VP and other members of the leadership team to provide reserving and financial analysis for the organization on all product lines.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Be an integral part of helping to build the analytics function within Rockingham Insurance, to focus on deep analytics, reserving and business performance.
- Lead junior analyst(s) on actuarial reviews and peer review other analytical work products.
- Complete quarterly loss reserving analyses as appropriate for all lines of business both admitted and non-admitted.
- Collaborates with management of each business unit on IBNR and reserving practices for those lines and makes recommendations when necessary.
- Understand, analyze and inform the business on relevant internal and external trends impacting our business and present to leadership.
- Collaborate with Finance and complete Schedule P and other financial reports as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Claims leadership on trends and analyses that help shape innovations, improvements and awareness within the claims function.
- Focus on a variety of analytical specialties, which may include core product lines, specialty lines, reinsurance, enterprise risk management and any other actuarial reviews.
- Participate and lead reinsurance functions and relationship as necessary; provide analytics on the program as appropriate.
- Provides technical expertise regarding specialty program opportunities and business performance when necessary.
- Collaborate with internal and external actuarial resources.
- Ad hoc analysis and actuarial reviews as assigned.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the department operations and possesses strong actuarial expertise.
- Demonstrates the ability to promptly identify critical issues, evaluate facts from a variety of sources, and make decisive and sound decisions within areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates a proficiency in core data understanding, strong analytical skills, and strong presentation skills.
- Possesses the ability to manage several projects at one time, while meeting all deadlines as defined.
- Possesses a solid understanding of the company’s vision, mission, critical success factors and core values, and is committed to their achievement.
- Is committed to actively pursuing professional insurance continuing education and training.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation to optimum productivity. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other software as appropriate.
- Demonstrates exceptional skills in the areas of accuracy and attention to detail including strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously and effectively.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Exhibits strong and effective verbal and written communication skills that are professional and diplomatic including ability to competently spell, write, compose, and proofread; deals effectively with sensitive or private information; strong listener with ability to discern problems and seek solutions.
- Undergraduate degree required or experience commensurate with the role. Minimum of 3 years working in a relevant actuarial field and Associate in Casualty Actuarial Society is preferred with desire to obtain fellowship.
- Effective communicator through written, oral, and electronic formats with ability to convey complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including ability to develop consensus among decision makers.
- Demonstrates ethical work manner in dealing with confidential information.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.