Senior Data Analyst
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
As part of the IT Department, the Senior Data Analyst will provide planning and coordination of all enterprise data related initiatives. This position will work with business stakeholders across Rockingham Insurance’s multiple business segments to develop scalable solutions that support data driven decisions. The Analyst will utilize data management best practices to define, build, and maintain a series of data stores that are accurate, reconciled, and timely.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands the company mission and supports at the highest level of personal service through increasing knowledge of new technologies, demonstrating professionalism, and responsiveness to internal and external customers.
- Contributes to organization’s long term data strategy by understanding the overall company strategy and corresponding IT strategy.
- Responsible for participating in the data governance process.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining an organizational data catalog, data dictionary, data maps, and data definitions.
- Responsible for participating in the establishment of a data capability maturity baseline and developing individual data performance objectives to continuously improve the data maturity capabilities.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Work to identify data quality issues and recommend proper course of action to address the issues.
- Develop, document, improve, and implement data related activities across the organization.
- Experienced in the topics of data warehousing, data management, data quality, batch, and real-time integration architecture.
- Proactively identify opportunities and technologies regarding the accessing, processing, movement, and analysis of data.
- Works closely with the software development team to integrate related policy, billing, and claims data into the enterprise data warehouse and other related corporate data stores.
- ·Define data verification process to facilitate development of new products, changes to existing products, and the expansion of current products into new states.
- Ensures that requests are worked according to established standards and are in accord with customer priorities.
- Gathers and documents business requirements.
- Builds detailed test plans to assure the desired results are achieved.
- Works as an effective member of the Data Services team in the development and implementation of the department’s strategic initiatives.
- Collaborates with third party vendors on integrations with new and existing systems.
- Supports agent and employee technical issues through use of various systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of department goals and objectives.
- Maintains a working knowledge of enterprise business functions and how to best support these areas.
- Ability to work independently yet be a complete team player in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Capable of promptly identifying critical issues, analyzing facts, and making decisive and sound decisions to resolve matters within areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates exceptional skills in the areas of accuracy and attention to detail including strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously and effectively.
- Exhibits strong and effective verbal and written communication skills that are professional and diplomatic including ability to competently spell, write, compose, and proofread copy; deals effectively with sensitive or private information; strong listener with ability to discern problems and seek solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with business users to determine information needs and effective delivery methods.
- Familiarity with traditional and emerging database technologies including cloud technologies, event driven integration and data streaming.
- Experience designing and developing compelling and readily understandable reporting, information delivery, data visualization, and dashboard solutions.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to balance multiple tasks with high attention to details.
- Demonstrated experience in data integration technology (Enterprise Service Bus, Data Services Hubs).
- Knowledge in Azure SQL DW and the concepts of Data Lakes.
- Significant experience with MS SQL Server (or Oracle, Snowflake etc.), SQL, and stored procedures.
- BS in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Well organized with strong time-management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills displaying professionalism in language, tone, and style to understand customer needs and feedback.
- Projects a positive, professional image knowing they represent the company to the customer.
- 8+ years’ experience with Data Management, Data Integration, Data Warehouses, Data Analytics and Process Analysis.
- Professional experience in the analysis and presentation of data utilizing significant data stores.
- Position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office and mobile equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Largely sedentary role with majority of work performed using a computer and phone.
Please note, this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.