Strategic Project Manager
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
The Strategic Project Manager for Rockingham Insurance is responsible for several key initiatives’ project development life cycle. This includes understanding the company’s long-term business objectives and planning all aspects of the project, including creating a balanced scorecard, valuation metrics (ROI, Cost/Benefit), internal and external resource planning, and the creation of project plans. In addition to strategic planning, this position will manage projects that require integrating tasks across functional areas, precise business requirements and timelines, and regular status reporting.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage multiple projects of medium-to-large size simultaneously and their respective project teams of varying sizes, complexity, and backgrounds through the entire Project Development Life Cycle.
- Establish and maintain project plans and budgets, report progress as required, generate risk assessments, escalate issues, and facilitate project review presentations.
- Develop presentation deliverables related to projects.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Predict resources needed to reach future objectives
- Work with cross-functional teams to assign tasks, establish project deliverables, and schedule those tasks and deliverables.
- Obtain approvals from primary stakeholder(s) and control project scope, priorities, and schedule.
- Contribute to thoughtful and creative discussions with project sponsor(s), stakeholders, department, and division management on strategic goals, resources, scheduling, plans, and challenges.
- Assist with the utilization of resources for project planning activities.
- Manage the day-to-day projects/logistics and the related communication for each project.
- Manage project management reporting, including tracking each critical step, outcome, and final deliverables.
- Develop, review, and revise project management processes, procedures, and documentation to complete all steps efficiently.
- Manage a highly complex business calendar with a keen sense of prioritization and time management to ensure maximum effectiveness of time use.
- Collect and consolidate management data/reports to track performance against goals and corporate strategy.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve complex problems regarding project, department, or division-related work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Strong verbal and communication skills. Ability to facilitate relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Must take the initiative and responsibility for planning and execution of departmental activities.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of insurance industries and be familiar with insurance laws and regulations.
- Displays an understanding of the company’s vision, mission, critical success factors, and core values and is committed to their achievement.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of computers, computer operating systems, relational databases, personal computers, and new technology.
- Must know the SDLC and ability to manage software and other technology-related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Project Management, or Business Administration or related field with 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Project Management Certification Required (PMP or Master’s Certificate in IT Project Management)
- Experience with executive-level communication and presentations
- Multi-project management/portfolio management experience.
- Virtual collaboration capabilities
Please note that this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. In addition, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.