Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
The User Acceptance Testing Analyst provides support for product changes, product deployment, process documentation, process improvement, training agents and employees while providing testing analysis, and quality control to facilitate the development or enhancement of quoting, and issuance of the policy administration system for the Commercial Products functioning as the department liaison to Business Analysts.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works closely with Information Systems and Commercial as the department liaison by testing systems to ensure that requirements and specifications to support the business unit needs.
- Develops and maintains awareness and support of customer/agent expectations and seeks ongoing improvements in the delivery of products and services including training.
- Assist in developing policy processes, procedures, and workflow management across the department, sensitive to the needs of the business unit. Takes initiative to establish clarity in process documentation.
- Tests requirements and specifications for developers and design test cases with great efficiency that correlate to the business specifications and requirements.
- Works closely with the product department to ensure that product changes and product deployment meet the needs of the business.
- Maintains awareness of advanced technology developments and promotes adoption of system improvements. Provides technology development support as needed.
- Applies analytical and critical thinking skills to analyze data for accuracy; clearly documents all aspects of work to assure understanding by Information Systems team.
- Applies analytical and critical thinking skills to analyze data for accuracy; clearly documents all aspects of work to assure understanding by development team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrates an appropriate understanding of property/casualty insurance principles and applies such knowledge in everyday business direction. Stays aware of changes in the external environment and adjusts internal practices as needed.
- Possesses a solid knowledge of the company’s vision, mission, and strategic plans and is committed to their achievement. Maintains a high level of knowledge of all department activity and is innovative in seeking effective ways to address issues.
- Exhibits ability to promptly identify critical issues, analyze facts, and make decisive and sound decisions to resolve issues.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of department goals and objectives.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates strong time-management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Shares responsibility for achieving underwriting objectives by testing thoroughly and timely.
- Stays aware of technology advancements in policy processing while evaluating potential strengths and weaknesses of technological support alternatives.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge and is a proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications and programs.
- Continuously advances own understanding of property/casualty insurance and best practices in administration.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Professional insurance-related coursework preferred.
- Insurance industry experience or knowledge of various commercial lines of insurance products, business processes and compliance rules.
- Effective communicator through written, oral, and electronic formats with ability to convey complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working in application testing activities including writing and running test cases preferred.
- Demonstrates ethical work manner in dealing with confidential information.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm, strong team player.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation to optimum productivity. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other software as appropriate.
- Position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office and mobile equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Position may require traveling to attend conferences and other training events.
- Flexibility in daily work times and incidental telecommuting is allowed; average 40-hour week; occasional evening, weekend work, or overnight travel may be required as job duties demand.
Please note, this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.