Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
The Administrative Assistant is an integral member of the Claims team who coordinates customer service, reporting, interdepartmental communication, and project support.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works with claims adjusters to upload and/or transfer documents/images to and from Image Right as directed.
- Coordinates the Claims CXP process to include Qualtrics surveys and analysis.
- Using turnaround guidelines, completes required letters and forms including set-up in vendor site.
- Provides administrative support for creating, packaging, and mailing customer correspondence.
- As required, answers incoming calls to handle basic customer concerns and direct calls appropriately.
- Cross-trains to provide back-up coverage for Claims Assistants, including check processing and document indexing.
- Maintains vendor contracts, including payments
- Coordinates department meetings
- Maintains department calendar
- Assists policyholders, agents, and co-workers as needed.
- Assists Personal Lines Claims Management with special projects, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Needed:
- Demonstrates proficiency in delivering a high level of customer service.
- Possesses, or is willing to obtain, appropriate knowledge of insurance principles and policy language, including but not limited to insurance designations.
- Exhibits a sound understanding of department goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively uses all relevant company automation. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other software as appropriate, including strong data entry skills.
- Flexible with managing a wide variety of tasks with ability to prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience working in the insurance industry preferred but not required.
- Well organized with strong time-management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills displaying professionalism in language, tone, and style to understand client needs and feedback; ability to effectively communicate over the phone.
- Projects a positive, professional image knowing they represent the company to the customer.
- Strong desire to develop in the insurance knowledge and advance within the company.