Business Systems Analyst
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for a Business Systems Analyst. This position will report to the Digital Transformation Officer and be responsible for project management, product changes, product deployment, process documentation, process improvement, training agents and employees while functioning as the department liaison. They will be an integral part in defining products and systems that are flexible, easy, efficient, and digital.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works closely with all members of the Personal Lines team and acts as a department liaison to IT by engaging in business discussions to capture requirements and specifications to support the business unit objectives.
- Strategizes with Personal Lines team members on new product development, system efficiencies and process improvements.
- Creates project plans, sets targets dates, manages scope, delegates project task, and identifies and manage potential risks
- Defines, writes, and manages system requirements for new and current products.
- Develops and maintains awareness and support of customer/agent expectations and seeks ongoing improvements in the delivery of products and services including training.
- Assist in developing and streamlining policy processes, procedures, and workflow management across the organization, sensitive to the needs of the Personal Lines function. Takes initiative to establish clarity in process documentation.
- Ensures data quality and delivery during all system projects.
- Create specifications for developers and design test cases with great efficiency that correlate to the business specifications and requirements.
- Works closely with the product department to submit requirements for product changes and product deployment to improve development accuracy and specification requirements.
- Implement process improvement while creating specifications and offer solutions for manual processes.
- Maintains awareness of advanced technology developments and promotes adoption of system improvements. Provides technology development support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrates an appropriate understanding of property/casualty insurance principles and applies such knowledge in everyday business direction. Stays aware of changes in the external environment and adjusts internal practices as needed.
- Possesses a solid knowledge of the company’s vision, mission, and strategic plans and is committed to their achievement. Maintains a high level of knowledge of all department activity and is innovative in seeking effective ways to address issues.
- Engages with InsureTech partners and other potential technology partners to help make decisions on organizational fit of their various products, features and technologies.
- Exhibits ability to promptly identify critical issues, analyze facts, and make decisive and sound decisions to resolve issues.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Stays aware of technology advancements in policy processing while evaluating potential strengths and weaknesses of technological support alternatives.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge and is a proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Continuously advances own understanding of property/casualty insurance and best practices in administration.
- Undergraduate degree required. Professional insurance-related coursework preferred.
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Insurance industry experience or knowledge of various personal and commercial lines of insurance products, business processes and compliance rules.
- Effective communicator through written, oral, and electronic formats with ability to convey complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including ability to develop consensus among decision makers.
- Demonstrates ethical work manner in dealing with confidential information.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm, strong team player.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation to optimum productivity. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other software as appropriate.
- Position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office and mobile equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Position may require traveling to agent offices, attending both internal and external meetings, attending conferences and other training events.
- Flexibility in daily work times and telecommuting is allowed; average 40-hour week; occasional evening, weekend work, or overnight travel may be required as job duties demand.
Please note, this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.