Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for a Chief Information Officer (CIO). The candidate selected for this position will be part of the Executive team and be responsible for strategy and execution of the company’s Information Services.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages and directs information technology team on technical decisions and the development of innovative solutions to business problems. Researches, evaluates, and implements technology that will maintain a high level of company effectiveness in the area of information management. Coordinates cross-functional committees and related activities to develop broad-based understanding of and buy-in to information systems best practices.
- Focuses on strong data governance including structure, quality, data mining, as well as data warehousing.
- Provides high level focus and leads team in protecting the confidentiality of data including, but not limited to, cybersecurity and system redundancy. Assumes organizational leadership in the protection of systems from cyber-attacks.
- Leads charge in implementation of technology solutions to streamline production, reduce turnaround time, reduce and limit system downtime, expand unit capacity and reduce overall expenses related to labor, production and mailing.
- Provides strategic direction in digital transformation, organizational change management, and end user (customer experience) functionality.
- Effectively manages the system configuration and testing for the application policy processing system.
- Works in conjunction with the management team to develop and continuously update a strategic technology plan for the company. Includes short and long-term plans for the deployment of technology to support attainment of the business plan. Addresses data integrity and business continuity issues.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and training for the information technology team. Provides ongoing coordination and interface across the organization to help assure efficient and effective delivery of customer satisfaction, to both policyholders and agents.
- Responsible for selection, training, development, and feedback of department personnel. Counsels and guides employees toward fuller utilization of their abilities and increased efficiency to deliver superior customer service. Communicates information regarding company policy, plans, results, and objectives to team members on a regular basis.
- Selects and manages third party resources to provide a high level of service to the organization and meets the overall needs of the company in an efficient and cost-effective way.
- Oversees the information technology budget while working with limited staff and resources.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the corporate mission, goals and objectives effectively combined with knowledge of existing and developing technology to develop and maintain a high level of functionality and efficiency in all areas related to systems.
- Awareness of developing trends and technology, including legal and competitive issues that will impact the industry and the company in the areas of information processing and customer service.
- Production of timely, meaningful and reliable management information related to appropriate technical support processes and performance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of “industry best practices” with regard to workflow and production benchmarks, state-of-the-art mailing, document handling, automated processing, system testing and imaging technology, including, innovation, use of artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and digital strategies.
- Positive, results-focused leadership that creates a positive work environment emphasizing teamwork, open communications, cooperation among all employees, and a commitment to total customer service.
- Active participation in establishing, implementing, monitoring and adjusting of department tactical plans and objectives in order to meet the company’s strategic and financial objectives, demonstrating a high level of teamwork with other leaders.
- Successful management of projects through effective planning, scheduling, monitoring, communication, and reporting techniques.
- In conjunction with other areas of the organization, provides and supports methodology for Straight Through Processing (STP): on-line quoting, expert underwriting systems, and broad-based on-line support for policyholders and agents.
- Strong customer focus and orientation, both internally and externally.
- Manage technically proficient, innovative, intellectually curious, and high-performing staff of professionals.
- Active and aggressive pursuit of property & casualty insurance business knowledge and professional insurance education and development (CPCU, IIA or PIA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, required. Advanced degree in Computer Science or Business Management is preferred.
- 10-15 years of diversified Information Technology experience in roles of increasing scope and responsibility, with 5-7 years of leadership experience managing a technology team. Reinsurance or insurance business experience desired.
- Equally adept at strategy and execution.
- Technology certifications preferred.
- Experience in cybersecurity desired.
To apply for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.