Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
We are looking for an energetic, organized person to join the Claims team as a Claims Representative. This position requires providing high quality customer service in performing the functions noted below.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things:
- Investigates, evaluates, and settles assigned claims promptly and according to policy provisions while promoting a high level of customer service.
- Contacts insureds, claimants, witnesses, and all other relevant parties to obtain information and determine legal liability, compensability, subrogation potential, and extent of damages.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of insurance policies and Rockingham guidelines to provide coverage determination through policy interpretations.
- Identifies claims having potential for increased exposure, such as third-party bodily injury claims, referring to Claims Manager as applicable.
- Coordinates claim adjusting activities for outside vendors as needed.
- Reviews and/or prepares damage estimate through appraisal process and negotiates repair settlements.
- Provides policyholders and claimants guidance throughout the claim process.
- Maintains an effective claim diary system through accurate documentation of all claim activities in accordance with established procedures.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Exhibits a sound understanding of department goals and objectives combined with knowledge of claims adjustment techniques in order to maintain a high level of claims settlement.
- Demonstrates proficiency in delivering a high level of customer service.
- Possesses appropriate knowledge of insurance principles and policy language.
- Demonstrates an understanding of regulatory and reporting compliance requirements including Fair Claims Practices Act and relevant law.
- Displays an understanding of vehicle repair techniques.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively uses all relevant company automation. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other software as appropriate.
- High school diploma or GED required; undergraduate degree preferred.
- One year of experience working in the insurance industry preferred.
- Well organized with strong time-management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills displaying professionalism in language, tone, and style to understand client needs and feedback.
- Projects a positive, professional image knowing they represent the company to the customer.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.