Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for a Claims Team Lead. This position requires providing high quality customer service in performing the functions noted below.
POSITION MISSION: Supervise daily operations of Claims Adjusters, administrative staff, and salvage and subrogation. Significantly enhance profitable business results by providing effective control of loss adjustment expenses. Ensures all team member transactions meet compliance standards set by the BOI.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists the Claims Operations Manager with strategic planning, goal setting, budgets and tactical implementation of the business plan to meet corporate plan objectives
- Ensures timely and adequate reserves have been established
- Part of the leadership team that interviews, hires, and trains staff. Coordinates staff continuing education
- Responsible for review of coverage issues forwarded by the desk adjuster. Analyze and present recommendations to the Claims Operations Manager
- Monitors incoming claims and determining proper assignment to adjusters based on their knowledge and expertise. Develops and optimizes team workflow
- Adjusts select large losses, commercial and property liability files
- Analyzes and interprets complex coverage issues to determine appropriate application of coverage
- Tracking and reporting of all claim related information to allow for effective monitoring and management of loss exposure and settlement
- Uses customer satisfaction data including Net Promoter Score and Customer Experience Score to ensure high quality claims satisfaction of consumers and agencies
- Develop and maintain awareness and support of consumer/agent expectations and seek ongoing improvements in the delivery of claims services
- Works with the Claims Operations Manager to monitor loss adjustment expenses, analyzes data, and develops plans to reduce costs when appropriate
- Maintains awareness of advanced technology developments and promotes adoption of system improvements. Provides technology development support as needed
- Develops and maintains effective monitors of unit and individual performance, employing results in everyday leadership decisions. Evaluates staff performance relative to established standards and gives feedback accordingly.
- Compliance with all regulatory and reporting requirements including the Fair Claims Practices Act and relevant law
- Continually updates process and procedure documentation as regulations and business needs evolve
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Thorough knowledge of claims operations to include adjusting, LAE, customer experience, salvage, subrogation, and payment processes
- Ability to create a positive work environment in a call center setting
- Aware of the company cultural direction and supports the company’s culture and values
- Understands the management of staff
- Exhibits ability to promptly identify critical issues, analyze facts, and make decisive and sound decisions to resolve issues
- Possesses a solid knowledge of the company’s vision, mission, and strategic plans and is committed to their achievement. Maintains a high level of knowledge of all department activity and is innovative in seeking effective ways to address issues
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm
- Stays aware of changes in the external environment and adjusts internal practices as needed.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge and is a proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications and programs
- Continuously advances own understanding of property/casualty insurance claims best practices
- Minimum 5 years claims experience
- Effective communicator through written, oral, and electronic formats with ability to convey complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including ability to develop consensus among decision makers
- Demonstrates ethical work manner in dealing with confidential information
- Valid driver’s license
- Position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office and mobile equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers
- Position may require traveling to agent offices, attending both internal and external meetings, attending conferences and other training events
- Flexibility in daily work times and telecommuting is allowed; average 40-hour week; occasional evening, weekend work, or overnight travel may be required as job duties demand
Please note, this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, email resume to email@example.com.