Commercial Senior Claims Adjuster
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for a Commercial Senior Claims Adjuster. This position will effectively and efficiently investigate, evaluate, and settle commercial property claims according to policy provisions in an equitable, fair manner while promoting a high level of customer service on the assigned line(s) of business supporting the company’s business objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- As a representative of the company, maintain a consistently high level of customer service
- Comfortable working with all clients and business partners
- Review applicable coverage forms and endorsements, providing thorough analysis of coverage and any coverage and document the claim file accordingly.
- Conduct investigations, damage assessments, cause and origin determinations and claim evaluations
- Effectively utilize automated technology to include Xactimate and Xactanalysis estimating platforms
- Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of both subrogation/salvage and SIU issues which may arise
- Provide thorough reporting and documentation of all reserves and claim information on a timely basis to allow proper tracking, statistical analysis, and review by claims management
- Adjusts claims within delegated authority complying with all regulatory and reporting requirements including Fair Claims Practices Act and relevant laws.
- Make recommendations to management pertaining to coverage, settlement positions and file reserves based on well supported reports
- Identify and respond to all emerging issues impacting company in the area of claim adjustment and loss control
- Maintain acceptable product quality through compliance with established Best Practices of client
- Participates in catastrophe response as needed
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Displays a clear understanding of who the customer is, both internal and external
- Prompt, reliable, and friendly service
- Exhibits a sound understanding of department goals and objectives
- Understands the company’s products, services, department function and overall organization
- Is well organized and uses time effectively with ability to balance competing priorities
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation in daily performance of responsibilities. Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm
- Excellent technology skills; effectively utilizes and maximizes technology to optimum productivity advantage
- Ability to work independently yet be a complete team player
- Exhibits strong and effective verbal and written communication skills that are professional and diplomatic including ability to competently spell, write, compose, and proofread copy
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years first-party commercial property adjusting experience
- AIC, or other professional designations preferred
- Experience with Xactimate preferred
- State adjuster’s license where required
Please note, this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office and mobile equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Position requires regularly traveling to agent offices, attending both internal and external meetings, attending conferences and other training events.
- Flexibility in daily work times and telecommuting is allowed; average 40-hour week; occasional evening, weekend work, or overnight travel may be required as job duties demand.
To apply for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.