Commercial Claims Adjuster
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
The Commercial Claims Adjuster will investigate, negotiate, and settle low to medium level commercial casualty claims.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide superior customer service to policyholders, agents, and co-workers
- Working knowledge and effective utilization of automated technology
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance theory and practices
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions
- Adequate reporting and documentation of all reserve and claim information on a timely basis to allow for proper tracking, statistical analysis, and review by claims management
- Determines liability based on claim investigation and jurisdiction
- Displays knowledge of auto physical damage and evaluating bodily injury claims
- Negotiates with claimants, carriers, and attorneys to reach fair and equitable settlements
- Pursues subrogation and/or arbitration when applicable
- Compliance with all regulatory and reporting requirements including fair claims practices act and relevant laws
- Identification of and response to all emerging issues impacting company in claim adjustment and loss control
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Displays a clear understanding of who their customer is (internal and external)
- Exhibits a sound understanding of department goals and objectives
- Uses professional language, tone and style in all oral and written communications
- Understands the company’s products, services, department function and overall organization
- Well organized and uses time effectively
- Able to effectively balance competing priorities
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation in daily performance of responsibilities
- Manages own time and schedule to meet objectives
- Investigates and evaluates complex bodily injury claims
- Effectively utilizes and maximizes the use of available technology to optimum productivity advantage
- Experience handling Commercial liability claims
- Knowledge of insurance law in PA, MD, VA & NC
- Experience with evaluating/settling bodily injury claims
- Exhibits strong oral and written communication skills
- Current NC Adjuster License is a plus
- AIC designation preferred but not required
- College degree preferred but not required
Please note, this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.