Data Services Manager
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for a Data Services Manager. This position will work with business stakeholders across the company’s multiple business segments to develop scalable solutions that support data-driven decisions. The data services manager will lead a team utilizing data management best practices to define and maintain a series of data stores that are accurate, reconciled, and timely.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understands the company mission and supports at the highest level of personal service through increasing knowledge of new technologies, demonstrating professionalism, and responsiveness to internal and external customers.
- Manages, and coordinates a team of professionals to define, build, and execute the corporate data services strategy.
- Is responsible for the creation and implementation of a master data management plan, data modeling, data definition, and data linage across the organization.
- Oversees the identification of data quality issues and determines proper course of action to address the issues.
- Manages, design, and develops a data governance program for Rockingham. This will include a process to set data implementation priorities and solutions across the multiple Rockingham business segments.
- Manages the development, documentation, improvement, and implementation of data related activities across the organization.
- Subject matter expert in the topics of data warehousing, data management, data quality, batch and real-time integration architecture.
- Proactively identify opportunities and technologies regarding the accessing, processing, movement and analysis of data.
- Works closely with the Information Technology Cyber Security Analyst to implement insured data security best practices across all internally, and externally managed, test and production data sets.
- Works closely with the software development team to integrate related policy, billing, and claims data into the enterprise data warehouse and other related corporate data stores.
- Manages the data verification process to facilitate development of new products, changes to existing products, and the expansion of current products into new states.
- Ensures that requests are worked according to established standards and are in accord with customer priorities.
- Trains personnel assigned in the skill of gathering and documenting business requirements, testing and supervises their daily workflow.
- Provides regular reports to key stakeholders on the status of all data related production support, and strategic project implementations.
- Works as an effective member of the Information Systems leaders’ group in the development and implementation of the department’s strategic initiatives.
- Coordinates with third party vendors on integrations with new and existing systems. Serves as primary contact for these relationships while providing support for business and technical questions and coordinating regular status meetings.
- Supports agent and employee technical issues through use of various systems.
- Support and facilitate presentations to a wide audience of internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to lead and achieve objectives by working with a team of individuals that may be located locally, or remote.
- Ability to develop team members to their fullest potential.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of department goals and objectives.
- Maintains a working knowledge of enterprise business functions and how to best support these areas.
- Ability to work independently yet be a complete team player in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Must effectively train and direct others to handle various data management activities.
- Capable of promptly identifying critical issues, analyzing facts, and making decisive and sound decisions to resolve matters within areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrates exceptional skills in the areas of accuracy and attention to detail including strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously and effectively.
- Exhibits strong and effective verbal and written communication skills that are professional and diplomatic including ability to competently spell, write, compose, and proofread copy; deals effectively with sensitive or private information; strong listener with ability to discern problems and seek solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with business users and senior-level management to determine information needs and effective delivery methods.
- Familiarity with traditional and emerging database technologies including cloud technologies, event driven integration and data streaming.
- Experience designing and developing compelling and readily understandable reporting, information delivery, data visualization, and dashboard solutions.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to balance multiple tasks with high attention to details.
- Demonstrated experience in data integration technology (Enterprise Service Bus, Data Services Hubs).
- Knowledge in Azure SQL DW and the concepts of Data Lakes.
- Significant experience with MS SQL Server (or Oracle, Snowflake etc.), SQL, and stored procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a concentration in Business or Information Technology preferred.
- Five years specific systems experience including 2+ years managerial experience.
- Well organized with strong time-management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills displaying professionalism in language, tone, and style to understand customer needs and feedback.
- Projects a positive, professional image knowing they represent the company to the customer.
- Five years of experience with Data Management, Data Integration, Data Warehouses, Data Analytics and Process Analysis.
- Professional experience in the analysis and presentation of data utilizing significant data stores.
- Familiar with CRM products, design, and implementation.
- Three years of experience with managing IT projects or IT operations areas.
- Position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office and mobile equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Largely sedentary role with majority of work performed using a computer and phone.
To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.