Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
We are looking for an energetic, organized person to join the Rockingham Insurance team as a Human Resource Generalist. This position serves an integral role in the Human Resource department performing these functions.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manages bi-weekly payroll through entering applicable employee changes, processing, and preparing payroll reconciliations for Finance. Stays up to date with required changes (internal or external).
- Responsible for the maintenance of ADP tools to include upgrades and expansion of available tools.
- Update employee records as requested/required.
- Responsible for the recruitment process, including advertising, initial interviews, references, and background screening.
- Update the HRIS database and facilitate reporting on turnover, time to fill, and other related items.
- Implements new hire onboarding for all employees, including but not limited to preparing a schedule for their first week of work, completing necessary HR paperwork, and scheduling future ‘touch-base’ points.
- Primary contact for workers’ compensation claims. Works closely with the facilities coordinator to provide a safe environment for employees.
- Responsible for completing, maintaining, tracking HR-related forms such as FMLA, leave balances, tuition reimbursement.
- Assists in evaluation, creation, revision, and coordination of employee training programs in collaboration with company objectives and department management needs.
- Conducts basic management skills training in the areas of performance management, code of conduct, and sexual harassment prevention.
- Participates in external compensation and benefits surveys, as well as other employee satisfaction surveys.
- Provides guidance on performance-related items and verifies and monitors performance reviews throughout the year. Assists managers by giving guidance to address outstanding concerns.
- Coordinate open enrollment for benefits. Maintains all benefits details through HRIS and vendors sites.
- Monitors and prepares for payment all HR-related invoices; approves as applicable within ImageRight.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Effectively handles multiple assignments and special projects/other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Needed:
- Sound technical human resource knowledge including staffing, development, compensation, benefits, and HR policies and programs.
- Displays computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and ERP report writing.
- Exhibits the ability to promptly identify critical issues, analyze facts, and make decisive and sound decisions to resolve issues within assigned authority.
- Demonstrates exceptional skills in the areas of accuracy and attention to detail, including strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously and effectively.
- Exhibits strong and effective verbal and written communication skills that are professional and diplomatic; deals effectively with sensitive and confidential information.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Holds professional PHR and/or SHRM-CP designation or will complete.