Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
The Sales Specialist provides support to agencies and their representatives. Lead onboarding, training needs, and problem solving for agencies. Provide support to sales and business segment leadership. Create, maintain and analyze agency reports to drive business initiatives.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead onboarding of new agents and agency staff members.
- Lead the development of agency relationships and be the main liaison to agencies in order to implement sales strategies, solve issues, and work with agencies to grow their books with Rockingham.
- Deliver ongoing agent and agency staff training in Rockingham systems and procedures.
- Seek and collate agent feedback to provide recommendations for process optimization.
- Act as a liaison between agents and home office partners and help troubleshoot problems or identify any system issues; recommend improvements to systems or procedures to improve agent experience or business flow.
- Develops and maintains awareness and support of customer/agent expectations and seeks ongoing improvements in the delivery of products and services including training.
- Work closely with all members of the Personal Lines team and acts as a department liaison to agents by engaging in business discussions to capture requirements and specifications to support the business unit objectives.
- Coordinate scheduling agent conferences, events and meetings; attendance as necessary.
- Create, maintain and provide agency data reports.
- Strategize with agencies on improving their performance through analytics and sales strategies.
- Monitor sales performance through sales tracking tools and report progress to agency leadership.
- Identify and keep up with sales trends.
- Keep up with new product sales launches and make sure the sales team is up to date; onboard and train new product launches as necessary.
- Provide assistance to management team members and executives as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrates an appropriate understanding of property/casualty insurance principles and applies such knowledge in everyday business direction. Stays aware of changes in the external environment and adjusts internal practices as needed.
- Possesses a solid knowledge of the company’s vision, mission, and strategic plans and is committed to their achievement. Maintains a high level of knowledge of all department activity and is innovative in seeking effective ways to address issues.
- Exhibits ability to promptly identify critical issues, analyze facts, and make decisive and sound decisions to resolve issues.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Stays aware of digital advancements in policy processing while evaluating agency needs.
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge and is a proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Continuously advances own understanding of property/casualty insurance and best practices in administration.
- Undergraduate degree required. Professional insurance-related coursework preferred.
- Insurance industry experience or knowledge of various personal and commercial lines of insurance products, business processes and compliance rules.
- Effective communicator through written, oral, and electronic formats with ability to convey complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including ability to develop consensus among decision makers.
- Demonstrates ethical work manner in dealing with confidential information.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm, strong team player.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy and effectively utilizes all relevant company automation to optimum productivity. Proficiencies will include Microsoft Office products and other software as appropriate.
- Position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office and mobile equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Position may require traveling to agent offices, attending both internal and external meetings, attending conferences and other training events.
- Flexibility in daily work times and telecommuting is allowed; average 40-hour week; occasional evening, weekend work, or overnight travel may be required as job duties demand.
Please note, this position description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.