Claims Adjuster- Specialty
Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for a Claims Adjuster in the Specialty division. This position requires providing high quality customer service in performing the functions noted below.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Conduct investigations of assigned claims through prompt contact with all parties to determine cause of loss, loss severity, and required documentation of loss.
- Provides thorough and timely reporting and documentation of all reserves and claim information to allow for proper tracking, statistical analysis, and review.
- Thoroughly reviews investigations, damage assessments, cause and origin determination, and claims evaluations.
- Effectively utilize Xactanalysis to assign claims to external adjusters. Demonstrates ability to understand property estimates and review for reasonableness against the facts of loss.
- Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of both subrogation/salvage and SIU issues which arise.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of commercial insurance policies to provide coverage determination through policy interpretations.
- Determines liability based on claim investigation and jurisdiction.
- Negotiates with claimants, carriers, and attorneys to reach fair and equitable settlements.
- Assist with claim assignment, entry, adjustment and documentation of claims assigned to others as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Needed:
- As a representative of the company, maintains a consistently high level of customer service.
- Displays a clear understanding of who the customer is, both internal and external.
- Exhibits a sound understanding of department goals and objectives.
- Understands the division’s products and MGA and GA partnerships.
- Exhibits strong and effective verbal and written communication skills that are professional and diplomatic including ability to competently spell, write, compose, and proofread copy; deals effectively with sensitive or private information; strong listener with ability to discern problems and seek solutions.
- Is well organized and uses time effectively with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrates initiative and innovation in daily performance of responsibilities. Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Effectively utilizes and maximizes available technology to optimum productivity advantage.
- Ability to work independently yet be a strong team player.
- Undergraduate degree preferred in business or management.
- AIC designation preferred but not required.
To apply for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.