Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
We are looking for a motivated, organized person to join the Information Technology team as a Systems Development Analyst. This position requires a high-level of detail and multi-tasking ability in performing these functions.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains specific lines of business within policy administration system to insure product compliance with state filings, technical support of underwriting processes, and production of high quality output to customers.
- Supports company mission by providing highest level of personal service to internal customers and promoting growth of the company by increasing knowledge of new technologies.
- Designs, writes, implements, and maintains program code and applicable database structures.
- Designs, maintains, modifies, and documents procedures for installation, use, and management of individual programs.
- Analyzes and diagnoses problems caused by incorrect program code; makes necessary changes and repairs to data in files damaged due to malfunctioning programs.
- Provides timely reports to business partner(s) for policy recovery work.
- Works closely with IT team to identify and resolve technical programming problems.
- Works with targeted areas to understand daily tasks and make recommendations on leveraging use of technology to improve process efficiency.
- Increases technical skills using all applicable training methods and transfers this knowledge by reporting on event and/or materials to other members of IT staff.
- Provides training and guidance to other developers as applicable; cross-trains with team members to insure adequate back-up resources are in place.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Needed:
- Demonstrates technical competency at application development including databases, desktop applications, web applications, and data integration projects.
- Self-directed with ability to establish course of action and be accountable for results
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of company operations, office workflow and information technology applications within the insurance industry environment.
- Implements technology to provide solutions and position company as preferred carrier for agents and consumers.
- Strong project management skills to complete assignments accurately and with minimal supervision.
- Effectively expresses ideas clearly, concisely, and logically, in both verbal and written form; clearly communicates problems and resolutions in a non-technical manner as needed.
- Deals with private and confidential information according to company policy.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Strong team player; establishes cooperative, positive, and professional working relationships.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or software engineering required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in computer programming desired.
- Knowledge/experience in personal lines insurance industry a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this job, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.