Begin a rewarding career with a well-recognized property and casualty insurance company with an A (Excellent) AM Best rating achieved by our continued financial stability and our commitment to providing superior products and service.
Rockingham Insurance is currently recruiting for a Personal Lines Underwriter. The person selected for this position will be part of a high performing team and be responsible for providing new business, renewal and agent support.
Fundamental Job Duties:
- Accountable for managing business relationships and results from assigned agents for all Personal Auto, Homeowners, Dwelling Properties, Mobile Homeowners, Farmowners, and Umbrella business.
- Examines new policies and in-force business to develop and analyze exposures within company guidelines.
- Applies pricing, deductibles, and coverages for eligible risks insuring adequate premium and profitable results.
- Within authority, renders decisions to approve, modify, or decline new or in-force risks; makes well-developed recommendations on risks beyond authority. Recommends alternative sources of coverage as appropriate.
- Processes underwriter-initiated cancellations and non-renewals and any associated reinstatements.
- Prepares quotes, explains underwriting policies/procedures, and provides training on products and processes.
- Evaluates large loss potential and handles accordingly to manage total exposure; authorizes reinsurance within defined authority.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Analytics to review agent performance and coordinate effective plans for proactive agent engagement.
- Conducts consistently professional interactions with agencies to build strong working relationships.
- Maintains transactional output that meets regulatory requirements and organizational expectations; performs daily administrative tasks to assure all information files are up-to-date.
- Exhibits a sound understanding of property and casualty principles including the company distribution system, the needs of customers, and the insurance business climate to effectively influence underwriting decisions.
- Identifies critical issues, evaluates facts, and makes decisive and sound decisions within areas of responsibility.
- Understands and is committed to achieving company’s vision, mission, and core values.
- Possesses, or is actively pursuing, professional insurance training and other related education.
- Demonstrates personal computer literacy; utilizes all relevant company automation to optimum productivity in evaluating underwriting risks.
- Organized with strong attention to detail; utilizes time and available resources effectively.
- Shows personal integrity, inspires trust, and sets a positive example through a strong work ethic, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates ethical work manner in dealing with confidential information.
- Obtains and maintains Virginia and/or Pennsylvania property and casualty insurance license.
- Four-year undergraduate degree preferred; associate degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Insurance experience preferred.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.